Monday, May 3, 2010

Angie Funchion

Submitted by Connie of Temperance

School Ida Elementary School

Mrs. Funchion is my daughter Courtney's 3rd Grade teacher. Words can not begin to express how I feel about this wonderful lady. As a parent it breaks your heart when your child is falling behind in school. For the past 3 years Courtney has struggled to stay up with academic requirements for each grade and to be honest Mrs. Funchion was what I believe was God's answer to my prayers. We started this school year like any other but from the beginning I knew something was very different. Courtney was eager to go to school each day and her papers began coming home with satisifactory or above marks. I know I wasn't doing anything different but someone had made a huge impact on Courtney. She had been receiving extra help in reading and math for both 1st & 2nd grade and was still struggling in those subjects. Well much to my surprise Courtney was not even recommended for extra help in math or reading for 3rd Grade! Now, her teacher really had my attention. I began asking Courtney what is was that was making things finally click and she began to tell me about Mrs. Funchion! She explained how she made learning fun. How she did different learning games to master their spelling words each week. She spoke of how she showed her different techniqes for math that turned on the light bulb for Courtney. What was such a struggle in the past became easy. I Thank God for Mrs. Funchion. Her love for children & dedication to learning has made a huge impact on my daughter and many others in her class. If all teachers were like her the world would be a better place. I have never entered anyone for an award before but Mrs. Funchion has forever impacted my daughter and we will never forget her! My prayer is for God's blessings to be upon her always! Forever Grateful

No comments:

Post a Comment