Monday, May 3, 2010

Mrs. Sandy Moore

Submitted by Dennis of Haslett

School Murphy Elementary School

My wife, Sandy, helps fourth grade elementary school students to become learners. She's not just satisfied with just teaching children she wants them to become lifelong learners. I am always impressed by her dedication to making sure each child receives the individual attention needed to make he or she become a strong learner. Her Christ-likeness is seen in the way she loves and prays for her students. It seems that wherever we go in Haslett we bump into current or former students and parents. Each time I'm amazed at how they greet her with a smile and most often a hug--no matter how old the former students are. This year her "first" fourth grade class will be graduating from Haslett High School. I remember the last National Honor Society induction ceremony we attended together. We counted 21 of her 27 students from her first fourth grade class were being inducted into NHS. Now, that's results and a lot of tough love. I recall overhearing one of the parents thanking her for the role Sandy played in steering this particular young lady onto the right path. It was heartwarming for me to stand back and watch my wife just glow from Christ's radiance. I'm so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment