Monday, May 3, 2010

Diane Priess

Submitted by Krystel of Charlevoix

School Charlevoix Elementary School

My son is a Kindergartener at Charlevoix Elem. School. His teacher is everything a little boy would want ...she is quiet, kind, gentle and a God-loving woman.
The 1st day that I volunteered in the classroom, 1 of the little boys in the class said "Oh my G..." Mrs. Priess got down to his level and said "Honey, we don't say God's name unless we are praying or reading the Bible." I was SHOCKED. We are in a public school and she is telling him not to say the Lord's name in vein.

Mrs. Priess has taken a class of kindergarteners, who could barely right their own name and made them into boys and girls who love to read, write and do math! She has brought out the confidence in my son that I didn't even know was there.

I feel so blessed to have her as my sons teacher and I can only pray that she will still be there when my next son starts kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment