Monday, May 3, 2010

Chris Kline

Submitted by Jill of Spring Arbor

School Warner Elementary Spring Arbor

Chris is the ideal kindergarten teacher. I had the pleasure of getting to know her as a teacher last year while my youngest son was in her class. She allowed me access to my son during the year and welcomed me into the classroom to help. I had a chance to get to know all the kids and to watch an amazing teacher with an incredible gift. Not many parents get a day to day, hands on, view of what a teacher goes through.

Last year happened to be the first year of the district's new policy (bad policy but that is another story) of all day kindergarten. Chris had children from age four to nearly seven. Some whom had been in day care their whole life to some whom had never spent a day away from their parents. Not to mention the different academic levels!

Chris has a gift, she was able to run a very controlled classroom while teaching AND most importantly making every child feel important and loved. It is clear that a teacher is special when children from all grade levels want to come back to her classroom each day to say hi.

I have been and am now a "homeschool mom". I felt led by God to put my youngest sons in public school last year and I learned quickly why. I truly believe Chris Kline, as a teacher and a friend, was God's gift to my son and to me. She is what teaching should be all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment