Monday, May 3, 2010

Frank Dumas

Submitted by Andrea of Flint

School Baker College of Flint

After a 28 year career in finance, I lost my job in 2008, like many others in Michigan. I found myself trying to find a job in today's employment marketplace - without a degree. I had 34 credits toward a degree that I earned in my early years, but I knew that in order to obtain a good job again at my age, I would need a degree. I decided to attend Baker College, and picked up where I left off with my Business Management degree. I had several business classes with Frank Dumas as the instructor. He is a very inspirational, real life experienced, down to earth, apply what you learn, teacher. He was in the military, then worked 30 plus years in a human resources job, and now uses that experience teaching at Baker. His teaching methods are PERFECT for the adult needing to go back to school. He makes learning fun, his humor and sense of true caring about the students success eminates from him during his class. He really wants you to succeed. His classes gave me the confidence to know, that i COULD finish my degree, that I COULD go farther than my original goal, that i COULD participate in class being a 50 year old mom and not fear being laughed at, that i COULD be on the Deans List, that I would LIKE learning. I learned from him that I have what it takes to succeed. Frank Dumas did that for me. He is an excellent teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment