Monday, May 3, 2010

Jackie Long

Submitted by Laurie of Ortonville

School Harvey Swanson Elementary

Jackie Long teaches 4th grade at Harvey Swanson Elementary in Ortonville. Last year, just before school started my husband was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma. The first couple of weeks of school were very hectic with doctor appointments and surgery. In the midst of my husband's surgery, I completely forgot to arrange for a "special person" to come to school on Special Persons Day for my son Nolan. Everyone else in the classroom had a "special person". Jackie Long figured I must have inadvertently forgotten with everything else going on. She totally stepped up to be Nolan's special person that day and do special things with him in the classroom so he did not feel left out. She also made herself available if we needed to drop Nolan off to school early to get to the hospital, etc. She is a true blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment