Monday, May 3, 2010

Mary Yahuz-Pratt

Submitted by Carissa of Mt. Morris

School mount morris Jr. High

My teacher Mrs. Yahuz-Pratt is an awesome teacher and deserves appreciation because she is really caring for the students, staff, and all those around her. Mrs.Y. is a band teacher at Mt. Morris Jr. High. She teaches grades 6th-8th. She also teaches a Jazz Band at the Jr. High and High School.(which I'm in). She is a really good band teacher and is very dedicated. Not only is she a very dedicated teacher, she is a very dedicated mom. When I need help she is willing to take time after school and help me with what i need help with. Mrs. Y. teaches the High school Jazz Band in the morning before high school starts and then she comes over to the Junior high and is ready to teach by 7:30-ish a.m. Mrs. Y. works hard to make sure the kids (including me) have what they need. She also spends a lot of time getting our band concerts and festivals ready. I can't even begin to say or tell how much she cares about everyone. She has been such a help and honor to be in my life and no matter what obstacles get thrown at her she will just toss the obstacles out of her way so she can keep helping me and the other kids. What I have learned by watching her is that always be a friend to others, care for others and help those in need of help. She makes it possible for those with lower incomes to have an instrument to play. She has to deal with a lot of disruptive kids on a daily basis. Money with the school district is tight, but she is able to repair a lot of the instruments which helps the families save on a repair bill. She does so much behind the scenes that I would like to nominate her for Teacher Appreciation Week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment