Monday, May 3, 2010

Matt Larsen

Submitted by Lora of Dimondale

School Northwestern (Eaton Rapids)

Mr. Larsen was my daughters 3rd grade teacher. He is a teacher that looks out for each child and wants them to succeed in all areas.. He comes to school daily prepared,smiling and ready to teach. He encourages each child to do their best and helps them to focus on their strengths.
My daughter( as well as a few others) needed some extra help with reading, twice a week he stayed after school with the children. He spent his own time with these children for over 6 weeks and my daughters reading and confidence in reading improved greatly. He never asked for anything in return.
I remember when my daughter was in 1st grade and she wasn't catching on to the way her teacher was trying to teach a unit in math, her teacher went to Mr. Larsen asking for some suggestions, he went and spent his planning time to help my daughter (who was not in his class). He showed her a few times and made sure she had it before sending her back. Again this just shows how he looks out for everyone. He could of said "Oh well, it's your problem not mine, I have my own children to look after."
My daughter is at a new school and really misses Mr. Larsen. She thanks God nightly for the things he has given her and many nights asks him if she can be blessed with another teacher who has patience,fun, and encouragement like Mr Larsen.
Thank you Lord for the impact that he has had in my child's life and for the many more lives to come.
Your Awesome Mr. Larsen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment